Born in Mantova on 08/10/1974.
Assistant professor of Metallurgy (SSD ING-IND 21) in the Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Department (DIMI) at the University of Brescia (Italy).
Academic and Professional Carreer
- 5-year Degree in Mechanical Engineering, from University of Brescia (17/12/2003).
Professional habilitation in 2004
- Ph.D. in Material Engineering from University of Brescia (07/05/2007).
- Research fellow in different fields of Metallurgy from University of Brescia (From November 2006 to August 2011).
- Assistant Professor of Metallurgy (SSD ING-IND 21) in the Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Department, University of Brescia, since 2011.
- Teacher in the course “Mechanical Metallurgy”, University of Brescia (mechanical and material Engineering degree), since 2012.
The research activity mainly concerns:
- Non-conventional methods for the study of macro and micro inclusions in steels and, in general, application of advanced chemical-physical analytical techniques to the study of metallurgical problems.
- Study of ductility, formability and fracture toughness of different steels.
- Definition of productive cycle criticality and optimization of heat treatment and test stages in different forged steel for the energetic field.
- EAF slag characterization, leaching study and possible reuse as product.
- Mechanical characterization of aluminium alloys and study of innovative processes ;
- Innovative techniques for archaeological find characterization relating to metallurgical productions of the antiquity.
- Biomedical applications: choice of materials (predominantly shape memory alloy) and development of new devices.
- Optimization of materials and technologies for lightweighting of structural parts for automotive application.